Wednesday 15 May 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry Review



Received ARC from NetGalley. 

This book was incredible. I thought Katie's previous novel, Pushing the Limits, was good but Dare You To is on a whole other level. 

I loved the characters. I couldn't help but connect with them and feel everything they were feeling. They were developed beautifully. I loved Beth the most. She is so damaged and hurt and comes off to the world as angry and stubborn but she is also so amazingly herself. She follows her heart in everything she does, which is why she does what she does for her mother. She has had a rough go at it, and has very people in her life whom she loves and is loved by to turn to. Because of this, she is so against letting Ryan into her life. 

Ryan is the opposite to Beth. His life is far from perfect, but rather than be angry at the world, he puts on this perfect facade, as he was always taught to do by the masters of it all, his parents. But when Beth comes along, she helps him to grow and understand what his path in life is meant to be and that it is his path to pave. Ryan also helps Beth to work through her issues and deal. Together, they are a great pair. They come to understand each other and help each other. 

The minor characters, although not in the spotlight, are developed to an extent that is unusual of secondary characters, but greatly appreciated and needed. They complement Beth and Ryan and help to show who they really are. 

I loved every page of this book and I stayed up to ungodly hours reading it. Through every page, there is some new part of Beth that is revealed and I cannot imagine the pain she has had in her life and at such a young age. Her story and the changes she undergoes in this book captivated me and I couldn't put it down! It's a great book. It contains a great story of two people finding themselves (wow, that sounds cheesy, but seriously, it's amazing) in a world that is real, where everyone has their issues and problems but still manage to be happy and deal. 

Definitely one of my favourite books and I cannot wait for Isaiah's story, it looks to be amazing! 






No comments:

Post a Comment